What's new in v2.2September 17, 2018
Since the official release exactly one month ago, we have been working hard to improve all aspects of cryoSPARC v2. Read on for a summary of new updates in today's v2.2 release.
New Local Refinement and Particle Subtraction jobs Beta
Local Refinement Beta and Particle Subtraction Beta jobs
- Blog Post Local Refinement Beta in cryoSPARC v2
- Blog Post Case Study: Yeast U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP
- Allowing for masked focused refinements and local angular searches, with option to also use non-uniform refinement Beta jointly for improved results
- Fast particle subtraction and new volume tools to create and dilate masks making it easy to try refining different regions of a particle
- Detailed case study applying these new jobs to the Yeast U4/U6.U5 tri-snRNP (EMPIAR-10073) available here
New sharpening tool to improve map quality
Sharpening job for post processing of refinement outputs
- We recommend re-sharpening the final results of a refinement job and trying multiple sharpening b-factors to improve map quality and interpretability
Various updates to existing jobs, SSD caching, volume tools, and more
We recommend updating to v2.2 today to ensure you can take advantage of all new features and fixes. Learn how to update your instance here.